Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Winning some battles... but losing the war...

I haven't posted in a while because first I lost my camera, it is somewhere in my house but I have looked in every little basket and toy area and bag and it is gone. I don't want to blame my little one but she is a cross contaminating mess. She find something in one room and takes it to another. So I'm sure that I will find it some day in some little nook but for now it is gone and let face it, Kate's pictures are my best material. Our other adventure we have been doing this last week is weening Kate from breast feeding. We spent last week finding a formula that she likes (which makes Donny made, that we have to pay for milk) and we found one that she will drink and now every nap time is a battle. Sometimes she take with little effort and sometimes she acts like I'm trying to poison her with that nasty plastic bottle. I don't think that she fight fair though because she is to cute to fight with and that is when I give in. The reason we are weening is because she bites and she bites hard and she thinks she is funny when she does it. I love that girl so much and I actually miss nursing her but I know that we can do this. Anyone with any advice, I am open to suggestions. I need all the help that I can get.

5 comments:

amy said...

My advice...don't ever start! You know I'm totally kidding, but nursing just wasn't for me. Good luck with it. Love that baby girl!

sarah said...

I got no advise this time girl, my kids wanted nothing to do with me.

Pure Images said...

Hmm... advice, advice, advice. I got nothin for you either. I HATED nursing Brielle so I didn't do it so she was on formula (and she is healthy!). I hated nursing Elijah so I pump for him and supplement with formula. So no advice here, just keep your chin up, if she's hungry, she'll eat. =)

Amanda said...

With Shane, it was less about the kind of formula, and more about the bottle itself. For a while there was only one bottle that he would drink from, but once he got going with it, he was more flexible. Its not an easy thing, you just gotta be patient and try not to get too discouraged.

Jessica Kettle said...

oy. good luck! I had so much fun meeting you and little Kate. She is such a doll! Thanks for all your help. I really appreciated you watching Max and packing my stuff around! The pictures are finished and I am sending them on their way in the morning. I hope you like them! a couple of my favs are posted on my new photo blog! Just link to it from my original blog.